Books Download Online God Knows Free

Details Books To God Knows

Original Title: God Knows
ISBN: 0684841258 (ISBN13: 9780684841250)
Edition Language: English
Literary Awards: Prix Médicis Etranger (1985)
Books Download Online God Knows  Free
God Knows Paperback | Pages: 368 pages
Rating: 3.8 | 3245 Users | 196 Reviews

Interpretation In Pursuance Of Books God Knows

Joseph Heller's powerful, wonderfully funny, deeply moving novel is the story of David -- yes, King David -- but as you've never seen him before. You already know David as the legendary warrior king of Israel, husband of Bathsheba, and father of Solomon; now meet David as he really was: the cocky Jewish kid, the plagiarized poet, and the Jewish father. Listen as David tells his own story, a story both relentlessly ancient and surprisingly modern, about growing up and growing old, about men and women, and about man and God. It is quintessential Heller.

Define Epithetical Books God Knows

Title:God Knows
Author:Joseph Heller
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 368 pages
Published:November 12th 1997 by Simon Schuster (first published 1984)
Categories:Fiction

Rating Epithetical Books God Knows
Ratings: 3.8 From 3245 Users | 196 Reviews

Column Epithetical Books God Knows
This is written as a fake, warts-and-all autobiography of King David from The Bible. I know Joseph Heller was Jewish, though I have no idea if he was strictly religious, and this book suggests that he at least had a liberal view of the Old Testament.I found the book's interpretations of Biblical events very funny; it portrays King David as petulant and narcissistic, sort of like a combination of characters from two of Heller's other books - Yossarian from Catch-22 and Bob Slocum from Something

I was the kid in Sunday school the poor teachers mustve hated: peeking behind the curtain, pulling the strings on our tidy little Bible lessons to go wide-eyed and watch the real, wild Bible go up in flames. I guess its a habit I never outgrew. So there you have me, ever the rebel kid still, relishing the secret that behind all those prettily bow-tied morals are wild kings and bloodbaths and blasphemous sacrilege that no ones paying any mind. And here you have Joseph Heller. Since Catch-22 Ive

In Joseph Heller's novel "God Knows", the Jewish protagonist is an old man named David, looking back with bittersweet fondness but mostly regret at his turbulent life: numerous marriages, ungrateful children, constant battling with in-laws and relatives, and a God that seems to have either forgotten or forsaken him. It may help to know that the David in the novel is King David, of the biblical account, kvetching on his death bed about what a mess his life has become but mostly because he can't

In Joseph Heller's novel "God Knows", the Jewish protagonist is an old man named David, looking back with bittersweet fondness but mostly regret at his turbulent life: numerous marriages, ungrateful children, constant battling with in-laws and relatives, and a God that seems to have either forgotten or forsaken him. It may help to know that the David in the novel is King David, of the biblical account, kvetching on his death bed about what a mess his life has become but mostly because he can't

One of the best books I have read for a very long time. I absolutely loved it. In my younger days I was a Bible nerd so I recognised the Bible stories and allusions that were peppered everywhere, I don't think someone who was not steeped in the Old Testament would get nearly so much out of it. Then the irreverence, just breath-taking. And the anachronisms - delightful.An amazing book for me, but not entirely sure who I could recommend it to. The humour is very niche - Biblical scholars and

I am naturally interested in the Old Testament and especially King David (I think he's one of the most screwed up yet passionate figures in the Bible)... but his angst-driven hoopla and paranoia annoyed me after the first 300 pages or so.

Heller's take on the story of King David. More emphasis on humour than his other books, but with a healthy helping of satire. A great (and quite alternative) retelling of the story by a great author.

0 Comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.